Hot Cafe Mocha Truffles
Adapted and modified from: Your Cup Of Cake
Makes: 18 truffles
40 gram Instant Coffee
500 gram chocolate chips
250 ml heavy cream or thickened cream
2 tablespoon sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla powder / extract
For decoration or coating – roasted hazelnut powder, cocoa powder, cinnamon powder, mini marshmallow, colorful candy sprinkles or your choice of flavor.
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan or pot and melt them on low heat until smooth. Stir constantly.
- Let cool in the fridge until stiff enough to scoop.
- Make small scoops, about 2 Tablespoon each, place them in the freezer for an hour or until harden.
- Remove scoops and roll them into balls.
- Roll in your choice of decoration. Do it fast in warmer weather.
- Wrap each ball in suran wrap or Cellophane paper, keep chilled until ready to serve.
- Drop truffle into 1 to 1 1/2 cups of hot milk and stir.
- keep the truffles chilled at all time during the process at warmer weather. Take out a small portion of truffles to process at a time and keep the rest in the fridge.
- You may use decaffeinated coffee to make decaf cafe mocha truffles.
- You may increase or decrease the amount to coffee and sugar to suit your taste.
Mocha truffles in scoops, chilled and ready to roll into ball and add decorations.
Heat up a glass of hot milk with or without foam / froth. If you froth the milk, you may add the froth after the truffles melted in the milk.
Dunk a hot cafe mocha truffle into a glass of hot milk, stir and melt it.
Add milk froth or whipped cream or marshmallows if you like.
Sit back and enjoy a glass of hot cafe mocha!
**You may add some sugar to suit your taste as those not coated with sweet decorations will be less sweetened.