We are back with more baking! This time Mandy and I baked some cute hello kitty cookies. Since Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, this Hello Kitty Cookie is perfect to be one of the Valentine Cookies to bake for. Not only that the cookies are cute, they actually taste very good too. My kids love them so much.
Not forgetting to make some Sweet Heart Sugar Cubes for Valentine’s Day. This duo will make a perfect tea time or coffee time for all darling occasions to celebrate.
We baked them with 2 types of Hello Kitty cookie cutters; a cutter with a facial stamping set and the other one is over-the-rim coffee cup cookie cutter.
The cookies are pretty easy and quick to bake and you can use other shapes of cookie cutters too. I put a link on the recipe section below where you can buy the Hello Kitty cookie cutters with facial stamping set from Amazon. However, besides Hellow Kitty, you can use another equivalent cookie cutter of your choice that you can find from your local shop.
I especially amazed by the cuteness of the cookie hanging over the rim of the coffee cup. Though we used a special cookie cutter that came with a notch design, you can DIY yours too. If you can’t find one that has a notch in it, you may simply cut the notch from the cookie dough with a knife.
For more Valentine’s Day ideas, click here, or, go ahead to bake the cookies.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
- 125g Butter (room temperature)
- 50g Icing sugar
- 125g Plain/All-purpose flour
- 75g Potato starch
- 50g milled cereal – we used cornflakes
- Heart shaped decoration sugar (large)
- Round shaped decoration sugar (small)
- Preheat oven to 130-140 °C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Prepare all the ingredients as shown above.
- Combine butter and icing sugar in a large bowl, mix well.
- Add in sieved plain flour, potato starch, and milled cereal. Mix again.
- Pour onto the tabletop, knead with your palms to form a dough.
- Roll out the dough to ¼” thick.
- Use Hello Kitty shape cookie cutters to make cutouts.
Create the facial with the stamp. You can buy the Hello Kitty cookie cutter here at Amazon.
- Place the large heart shape decoration sugar on as the ribbon and some round decoration sugar as the eyes and nose.
- Use an over-the-rim cookie cutter to make coffee cup hello kitty cookies that can be hung on the rim of the cup. If you can’t find the cutter, you may cut the notch with a knife.
Other names of the cutter are: cup adorning cookie cutters, notched cookie cutters, over the rim cookie cutters, coffee cup cookie cutters, over the edge cookie cutters.
- Arrange the cutouts on the lined baking sheet, 1” apart.
Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes till cooked through.
Cool on a wire rack.
Store in an airtight container after they have cooled completely.
The purpose of using low temperature to bake the cookies is to retain the pale color of the Hello Kitty face.
Purchase the exact same material used in this pattern from Craft Passion Shop. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.