This adorable little Crochet Sandals Pattern is Free and would make a great addition to any doll or stuffed animal’s wardrobe. You can even make a flip-flop keychain by attaching it to a keyring and chaining it together.
Last but not least, here is the free pattern of a pair of mini Crochet Sandals or Flip-Flops shown in, Hady, the Crochet Hippo Amigurumi Pattern.
To complete the Hady’s summer look, crochet all the beach-themed accessories listed below to welcome the summer, get fun, and enjoy hooking up the yarn.
Mini Crochet Sandals / Flip-Flops Pattern
scroll ⬇️ to get the free crochet pattern & tutorial
The mini crochet sandals measure about 3″ x 1.5″ each, crocheted from light DK yarn and with a 2.5mm crochet hook. Yarn weight will affect the size of the sandals. Choose a heavier weight to make bigger sandals likewise, a lighter weight will yield a smaller one.
I hope you have fun crocheting all the summer-themed accessories. For ease of referring, here is the list for the rest of the patterns:
- Mini Sun Hat Crochet Pattern
- Mini Straw Tote Crochet Pattern
- Rainbow Beach Ball Amigurumi Crochet Pattern
- Duck Buoy Amigurumi Crochet Pattern
Are you ready to party and have all the fun in the summer?
- Start crocheting and share your completed handmade on Facebook and/or Instagram. Remember to tag us, @craftpassion, so that we are able to see them.
- Pin it to Pinterest for a future To-Crochet List.
- Share with your crochet groups for a crochet-along event.
- Learn more about the basics of crochet if you need a little more help in crochet.
- Browse more free crochet patterns to make.
- For other Summer Themed crafts to make, click the link to see the listing.
- Acrylic yarn in Khaki and Yellow Color (DK Light)
- 2.5mm Crochet Hook
- Tapestry Needle
- Prepare the materials needed as listed above.
- Crochet the soles and straps of the mini sandals by following the crochet pattern below.
- Sew the straps to the individual sole respectively.
(View more photos below for a clearer picture of the process to make the mini sandals.)
dc: double crochet
hdc: half double crochet
sc: single crochet
slst: slip stitch
MINI CROCHET SANDALS PATTERN
Sole (Make 2)
With Khaki Yarn
Round 1: ch 13, sc in second st from hook, sc in next 8 sts, hdc in next 2 sts, 5dc in next st (last st of the ch). Continue to crochet on the bottom of the chain stitches by hdc in next 2 sts, sc in next 8 sts, 4 sc in next st (last st), slst to the first st of the round.
Round 2: ch2, hdc in next st, sc in next 8 sts, hdc in next 2 sts, 2dc in next 2 sts, 5dc in next st, 2dc in next 2 sts, hdc in next 2 sts, sc in next 8 sts, 2hdc in next st, hdc in next st, hdc in next 3sts, hdc in next st, slst to the first st of the round.
Round 3: ch, sc in same st, sc in next 16 sts, 2sc in next st, sc in next st, 2sc in next st, sc in next 18 sts, 2sc in next st, sc in next st, 2sc in next st, sc in next st.
Fasten and hide yarn end.
Strap (Make 2)
With Yellow Yarn
ch 18, turn, slst in next 18 sts.
Fasten and leave a long tail for sewing.
More Details on how to crochet the Mini Crochet Sandals
Follow the crochet pattern to make 2 flip-flop soles and 2 straps respectively.
Sew the strap at the half-length point to the mini sandal sole with tapestry needle as shown in the photo.
Followed by sewing the strap ends to the sole. Hide the knots and the yarn ends as well as possible so that the bottom of the mini sandals look neat and nice.
If your mini sandals appear to be a little wavy, spray some water on the sandals and place them on a dry towel, press them down overnight to block it. You may use a steam iron to block it too if the yarn is ironable.
Depending on the speed and hours you are spending on the project, the total time needed is only an approximation.
This pattern will be updated once we have new resources or ideas coming in. If you get the pattern in pdf file, please check the original pattern for the latest update.