Chunky Mashed Potatoes
Prepare time: 30 minutes
Russet or Yukon Potatoes – 4 medium size
Butter – 3 to 4 tablespoon
Black Paper – freshly ground
Salt – 1 teaspoon for unsalted butter, a pinch for salted butter
Chives – chopped or sliced
1. Wash and peel off the skin of the potatoes and cut them into cube.
2. Put the potatoes in a pot and fill with cold water to cover the potatoes.
3. Boil the potatoes with high heat then turn to medium heat and cover the pot with lid, shimmer for another 15 to 20 minutes. Stick a toothpick or fork into the potatoes to check if they are done. Slightly over-cook will make the mashing easier. Bigger cube and Yukon potatoes might need slight longer cooking time.
4. While waiting for the potatoes to cook, take the butter out from the fridge and let it soften under room temperature.
5. Drain the potatoes when it is ready.
6. Add butter on the warm potatoes and mashed it with fork.
7. Add milk if you prefer smoother & creamier texture.
8. Add salt, ground black pepper to taste.
9. Garnish with chives and serve while it is still warm.
Pages: 1 2