DIY Faux Gold Nuggets
1. River stones (rounded edges), the quantity needed depends on your pot’s size. Mine is about 1 lbs.
2. Gold metallic aerosol spray paint
4. A pot
5. Rubber gloves
6. Facial mask
7. Red ribbons
Remark: spray at well ventilated area, preferably outdoor or spray booth.
1. Wash the river stones to get rid the mud and sand. Soapy water is needed if the stone is greasy.
2. Dry them under the sun or hot air (for instant: from hair dryer)
3. Cover your work space with some newspapers.
4. Spread and spaced the stones on the newspaper.
5. Wear gloves and face mask. Shake the gold spray paint as directed on the can.
6. Spray a thin layer of gold paint on the stones (8-12″ away) by swinging your hand zig-zag across all the stones. Wait for them to dry.
7. Repeat step 6 another 2 – 3 layers or until you are satisfied with the metallic gold they present.
8. Turn to other unfinished area and repeat step 6 & 7 until the whole stone is covered with gold paint.
9. While waiting for the paint to dry completely, stuff the pot with crumple newspapers.
10. Fill snugly until it is almost full, press it down a little and start putting the stones on the top portion of the pot.
11. Tie a red ribbon to decorate.
Pages: 1 2