I am having lots of fun applying glitter to Christmas ornaments this year. You will see some glittering projects coming in a roll.
Since someone asked me how to DIY Glitter Star for the top of the Christmas Tree, I would like to kick-off with this tutorial!!!
I was singing my daughter’s favorite lullaby while making it…laa laa laaaa la…
“Twinkle twinkle little star
How I wonder what you are
Up above the world so high
Like a diamond in the sky
You can transform these stars into Christmas Tree ornaments too, just apply some glue at the hole after pulling out the working floral wire, insert 2 ends of the string into the hole, add a little more glue if necessary. Let it dry and hang them onto the tree! That’s it, simple yay!!!!
- Polystyrene stars (I used 20mm diameter and 40mm) of your desired size
- Glitter powder
- Craft glue / PVA glue / white glue
- Floral wire gauge 22
- Florist sponge
- Prepare and gather all the materials needed as listed above.
- a. Insert a floral wire into the star.
b. Apply glue generously on the foam but not too much until it drips.
Wait for about 5 minutes until it gets tacky. You can save time by applying glue to other stars during this waiting period.
- a. Dip the star into the glitter powder. You can also sprinkle the glitter powder onto the star, just put a piece of paper below to collect the glitter powder so that you don’t mess up with it. Switch off your fan too!
b. Inspect and make sure the star is fully covered by the glitter powder.
If not, dip or sprinkle again. Add glue if necessary.
- a. Dust off excessive glitter by gently knocking the floral wire against the hand.
b. Insert the wire onto a florist sponge, leave it there until the glue dries.
Don’t touch the glitters before they have dried.
- This is how many of DIY Glitter Star I have made in just a while!!!
Tip: Do 1 color at a time so that you won’t get all the glitters mixed up.
Pull out the working floral wire from the DIY Glitter Star, apply glue at the hole and insert the Christmas Tree’s floral wire into the star.
Purchase the exact same material used in this pattern from Craft Passion Shop. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.