Christmas is just around the corner and here is the idea of how to make your own Christmas Gift Wrap. Personalized gifts are thoughtful gifts and enhance the relationship with the recipients.
While I was wrapping the Christmas gifts, Santa came to me and he whispered to me to wrap his belt on the presents… My kids believed me when I told them this… LOL, bad mommy!!!
Well, it really wasn’t in my initial plan, I just whipped it out impromptu and make this Santa Belt Gift Wrap when the idea struck me. To give a more festive touch, I added a few aluminum foil snowflakes to make it glow in the low light ambient. Tada, you can DIY your own premium Christmas Gift Wrap!
How To DIY
Christmas Gift Wrap
In order to reduce the need of buying several different holiday gift wrap papers, this year I am wrapping my gifts with only 1 roll of wrapping paper I bought from Ikea. Since it is only a plain double-sided 2-color (red/brown) wrapping paper, I need to put more effort into the DIY design to personalize each gift. You may find more gift wrapping supplies at Ikea.
Not only that DIY your own Christmas Gift Wrap gives a personal touch on the design. If you plan to wrap a lot of Christmas gifts, probably buying Christmas wrapping jumbo rolls is a good idea as jumbo roll usually comes at a cheaper price.
I have made a few wrapping designs and among them, particularly, I wish to show you how to make the Santa’s Belt Gift Wrap. You may adapt the Santa’s Belt method to wrap the others, just take off the buckle and add another layer of contrast band across.
Again, use any festive season paper punch to punch out some embellishments to decorate. Adding some ribbons elements to the gift wrap will further personalize the look.
For more Christmas Craft Ideas, click to link to explore.
Happy gift wrappings!!!
- Gift wrapping paper, Plain Red and Brown
- Silver colored paper
- Wrapping ribbons
- Aluminum Foil (to make own confetti) Or Use Ready Made Christmas Confetti (see recommendation below)
- Christmas themed punch (mine is about 1″ diameter), see the recommendation below
- Craft glue
- Craft knife
- Cutting mat
MORE DETAILS ON HOW TO MAKE
SANTA’S BELT GIFT WRAP
- Measure your gift box and cut out the desired size of gift wrapping paper.
To make the belt, cut a 2″ stripe of red and fold the 2 sides to the center to get a 1″ stripe.
To make the buckle, cut a silver color paper to 2″ x 1 5/8″. Use a craft knife to slit 2 lines, slightly larger than 1″, measure 5/16″ from the sides.
Remark: My box is about 4″ x 6″, if your gift box is a different size, adjust the belt and buckle measure to suit the proportion so that the belt won’t look too big or too small to the gift box.
- Insert the belt between the 2 lines of the buckle, position the buckle at the center of the belt, glue or tape on the back.
- Place the Santa’s belt somewhere below the centerline.
- Wrap the gift paper to the gift box. Tape or glue the paper at the back.
- Fold the sides and glue them up.
- If you wish to give the gift a more DIY touch, you may punch some snowflakes from aluminum foil. You can use paper for the snowflakes too but I find the aluminum gives a very good sheen at low light ambient, the glow is even better than the silver color buckle from paper. Punching through aluminum foil also helps in sharpening your paper puncher.
If you find that the aluminum foil is hard to take out without ripping apart, try folding the aluminum foil into 2-3 folds.
Or, you may use ready-made confetti bought from your local craft shop or from online shop (see your recommendation below)
- Carefully glue the snowflakes to the gift wrapping. The aluminum foil snowflakes are flimsy so you need to do it carefully without tearing the branches apart.
**Happy Gift Wrappings!!**
I used this wrapping paper bought from Ikea some years ago.
And this paper ribbon, also from Ikea.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Bira 1inch Snowflake Lever Action Craft Punch,Christmas Punch, for Paper Crafting Scrapbooking Cards Arts color may vary
Bira Craft 1 inch Snowflake Lever Action Craft Punch, Christmas Punch, for Paper Crafting Scrapbooking
Bira Craft 1 inch Fir Tree Shape Lever Action Craft Punch for Paper Crafting Scrapbooking
Bira Craft 1 inch Reindeer Shape Lever Action Craft Punch, Christmas Punch for Paper Crafting Scrapbooking
MOSYPT 3pcs Scrapbook Paper Punches Size 1 inch Snowflake & Star & Flower Punches for Paper Crafts Kids Preschool Teacher
Christmas Snowflake Confetti Decoration(300pcs),Konsait Large Shimmer Snowflakes Cake Table Confetti for Xmas Party Decor Accessories winter wedding happy new year Arts Crafts party Decoration Supplies
300 Pieces Snowflake Wood Slices Christmas Snowflakes Tags White Snowflake Ornaments Snowflake Embellishments Wooden Cutouts for DIY Crafts Christmas Tree Hanging Table Decoration, 2 Styles