Let’s get some extra-ordinary experience in sewing with sock by making a sock cat stuffed animal. To create a plushie of a kitten, you will only need one sock. Excellent sewing pattern for the solitary sock that couldn’t find its pair.
Let’s see how to sew this cute little cat stuffed animal, called Lenny.
Guest Tutor: Brenda of KrafteeBee
How To Sew Sock Cat Stuffed Animal
4. Thread and needle
5. Buttons and yarn for deco
Steps of instructions:
Step 1: First you will need to cut up the sock to the length that you like. I cut the sock shorter for a short and stout cat.
Step 2: Stuff the body and the head of cat with polyfill. To ensure that the ball of polyfill for the body is bigger than the head.
Step 3: Once stuffed, fold the opening inward and pin them down for a smoother and tougher finishing. The raw edge of the cut frays easily.
Step 4: With slip stitch, close up the opening and remember to tug the ends a little bit to shape the cat’s ears.
Step 5: Mold the body and head into a nice round shape with hands. Do tug the ears too to make it pointy.
Step 6: To do stitches on the cat’s face, slip the thread in via the opening end. This way, you can hide the stitches nicely.
Step 7: Draw the sock cat’s face using a fabric pen and then start stitching.
Step 8: Spray some water to erase all the fabric markers and let it dry overnight. Lenny is completed.
As you can see, making sock plushies is not very difficult. Just some imagination and needlework and I hope that you like this.
- Start sewing and share your completed handmade on Facebook and/or Instagram. Remember to tag us, @craftpassion, so that we are able to see them.
- Pin it to Pinterest for a future To-Sew List
- Share with your sewing groups for a sew-along event.
- Learn more about the basics of hand sewing and how to choose a sewing machine for beginners.
- Browse more free sewing patterns and stuffed animals to make, especially animals that are sewn from socks.