Besides the easy Styrofoam Christmas Tree Ornaments, I posted a few days ago, I have got another quick and easy Christmas tree that kids can do as well: Pom-Pom Christmas Tree. Too easy for you? Want an advance you may try the Kanzashi Christmas tree I have made a few years back.
This Pom-Pom Christmas Tree is approximately 5 1/2″ tall, depending on the size of the pom-poms and the stand of the tree, you can make it bigger or smaller by using different sizes of them. When choosing the pom-pom, get those that are stiffer and fuller, not those with long hair and soft.
It is pretty easy and simple to make, all you need is some pom-poms, quick-dry glue, embellishments like garland chain, ribbon (get the list from the tutorial section). Simply glue them together to build this awesomely cute small Christmas Tree which is perfect to place on the coffee table, next to a table lamps, or, as one of the Christmas decor at the Christmas corner of your house.
Again, I hope you enjoy making some Christmas projects, click here to get more ideas of what to make for Christmas.
- Pom Pom, 1″ diameter, green = 28, red = 1
- Wood block, square, 2 pcs.
- Bead garland, (small bead)
- All purpose adhesive, clear, UHU
- Or, Hot Glue Gun
MORE DETAILS ON HOW TO MAKE
POM POM CHRISTMAS TREE
Gather the tools and materials as listed above.
I am using Glue Sticks UHU ALL Purpose Adhesive which is clear in color, quick-drying and tacky. You may use other alternatives with the same property.
GLUE & DECORATE
- Glue 3 pom-pom into a ring then glues 1 on top of it. This is the 4 pom-pom tree top.
- Glue 5 and 7 pom-pom in a circle respectively. Glue a 9 pom-pom ring then add a 3 pom-pom into the center to become a 12 pom-pom circle.
Wait a few minutes until they are all set to handle.
- Add a few drops of glue at the bottom of the 7 pom-pom ring, place it on the 12 pom-pom circle.
- Repeat the same to stack a 5 pom-pom ring on them.
- Finally, add the 4 pom-pom top on.
Set it aside to let the glue dry and set completely. It took about 5-10 minutes only.
- Stack 2 square wood blocks together and glue them with the adhesive.
- Glue ribbon to embellish it.
- Glue the pom pom tree on the wood stand.
Lay the bead garland around the tree. Put a small drop of adhesive to secure the position.
- Lastly, add a red pom-pom on the treetop and a ribbon around it with a bow.
Simple and quick, isn’t it!
My daughter did the small white tree with the same method after she saw me finished this charming tree with no sweat! I helped her on the garland though as she can’t seem to wrap the tree nicely. 🙂
Get those pom pom which is harder and fuller, not those with long hair and soft.
Purchase the exact same material used in this pattern from Craft Passion Shop. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
BQTQ 1200 Pieces Christmas Pom Poms Tinsel Pom Pom Balls Glitter Fluffy Pompoms for Craft Making and Christmas Decorations (4 Sizes, White, Green, Red)
1 Inch Wooden Cubes, Box 50 Unfinished Birch Cubes, Wooden Square Baby Blocks, for Puzzle Making, Crafts, and DIY Projects by Woodpeckers
UHU ALL Purpose Adhesive 35ml
Hot Glue Gun,ccbetter upgraded version Mini Hot Melt Glue Gun with 30pcs Glue Sticks with glue gun removable Anti-hot cover for DIY Small Craft Projects and Home Quick Repairs Blue