My new white raffia crochet bag needs a new charm, so I crocheted some fall leaves and strung them together to make a simple charm.
You can make this beautiful crochet leaf for fall using this free pattern. It is a simple crochet pattern with both written instructions and a diagram to aid in the process.
I just love how the fall leaf charm spice up the boring white tote. I have to say that it is another easy and quick project to whip up in a day. I used raffia yarn for this crochet leaf pattern since it matches the white raffia tote I have just completed. You could crochet it by using your leftover yarn from other projects too.
The crochet leaf pattern comes in 2 forms, a written instruction and a chart diagram. This fall foliage is about 3″ x 5″, crochet from raffia yarn and with 2.5mm hook. The vein is sewn on with a tapestry needle. In the event of using other yarn to crochet, you will get different sizes of crochet leaf according to the weight of the yarn and hook size you are using.
Fall Leaf Crochet Pattern
scroll ⬇️ to get the free crochet pattern & tutorial
“Falling leaves tumble from the interlocking branches above, branches that grow so thickly only bright gaps of sunshine break through. As autumn marches toward winter there will be only those fine strands of brown in the distance and the sunlight will cascade to the forest floor unhindered.” ~ By Angela Abraham, August 12, 2015.
Happy crocheting and enjoy the fall season with all of the leaf shedding, cooler temperatures, and longer nights. I’d rather stay inside and work on my craft while drinking a cup of tea. So, how about you?
- Start crocheting and share your completed handmade on Facebook and/or Instagram. Remember to tag us, @craftpassion, so that we are able to see them.
- Pin it to Pinterest for a future To-Crochet List
- Share with your crochet groups for a crochet-along event.
- Learn more about the basics of crochet if you need a little more help in crochet.
- Browse more free crochet patterns and Fall Crafts to make.
Fall Leaf Crochet Pattern
Size: 3″ x 5″
Skill level: Beginner
ch = chain
sc = single crochet
ssc = split single crochet
slst = slip stitch
st = stitch
Materials & Tools:
1. Crochet raffia yarn, Raffia With Passion
2. Crochet hook 2.5mm
3. Tapestry needle
4. Chains and jump rings (to string up the leaves into a charm)
in American crochet terms
- Round 1: sl knot, ch 16
- Round 2: sc into 2nd ch from hook, sc in next 14 st, ch, sc in the same st, sc in next 11 st into the back bar of each ch on the other side of ch st, ch2, turn.
- Round 3: ssc into 2nd ch from hook, ssc in next 12 st, [ssc, ch, ssc] in the ch space, ssc in next 12 st, ch2, turn.
- Round 4: ssc into 2nd ch from hook, ssc in next 13 st, [ssc, ch, ssc] in the ch space, ssc in next 10 st, ch2, turn.
- Round 5: ssc into 2nd ch from hook, ssc in next 11 st, [ssc, ch, ssc] in the ch space, ssc in next 11 st, ch2, turn.
- Round 6: ssc into 2nd ch from hook, ssc in next 12 st, [ssc, ch, ssc] in the ch space, ssc in next 9 st, ch2, turn.
- Round 7: ssc into 2nd ch from hook, ssc in next 10 st, [ssc, ch, ssc] in the ch space, ssc in next 10 st, ch2, turn.
- Round 8: ssc into 2nd ch from hook, ssc in next 11 st, [ssc, ch, ssc] in the ch space, ssc in next 8 st, ch2, turn.
- Round 9: ssc into 2nd ch from hook, ssc in next 9 st, [ssc, ch, ssc] in the ch space, ssc in next 9 st, ch2, turn.
- Round 10: ssc into 2nd ch from hook, ssc in next 10 st, ssc in the ch space.
- Stem: ch6, sc into 2nd ch from hook, slst in next 4 st, slst in last st on round 10, slst in the ch space.
- Fasten off and weave in all ends.
Sew running stitches on the leaf to create a leaf vein by using a different color of raffia yarn. Pierce through the center of the raffia yarn at the returning route of the running stitch.
More Details on how to crochet the Fall Leaf
Round 10 and chains for the stem.
The black dots in the picture are the last 2 slst stitches for the stem.
Sew running stitches on the leaf to create leaf vein by using different color of raffia yarn.
Pierce through the center of the raffia yarn at the returning route of the running stitch.
Sew the branch as well on the returning route.
Complete the sewing the vein and hide the yarn ends by weaving into the leaf. Block the leaf by ironing it with medium heat on a flat surface. Leave it to cool.
Crochet them in the various color of fall, i.e. orange, red, olive, kraft and chocolate.
Install jump ring to the stem of the fall leaves respectively then string them up with the chain to make the Fall Leaf Charm.
Saturday 11th of April 2020
Hello, I apologize we never met but Im inspired my your talent honestly my crochet hook is the only thing keeping me sane. I would really like ro.go at it. Itd amazing.
Wednesday 28th of March 2018
Such a beautiful example of craftmanship.
Anabelia Craft Design
Friday 24th of November 2017
Oh, so beautiful leaves, my dear! Thanks so much for sharing the pattern. I've shared it in FB and Pinterest. Kind regards!