In my previous post, I showed you how to make the monkey felt called Chi-Chai Monchan. This time, this tutorial is going to show you how to make the Monkey Coin Purse with a kisslock frame that I’ve made for my friend as a thank you gift.
You don’t need a sewing machine to do it, just your hand, a needle, and some threads!!!
Monkey Coin Purse
Finished Dimension: Approx. 10.5cm W x 9.5cm H x 6.5cm D
Pattern: Download here.
1. Exterior fabric for A pattern, 2 pcs.
2. Exterior fabric for B pattern, 2 pcs.
3. Inter-lining fabric for A & B pattern, 2 pcs.each
4. Poly-sponge for A & B pattern, 2 pcs each
5. Iron-on interfacing for A & B pattern, 2 pcs. each
6. Kiss Lock, 8.5cm, Round Arch, 1 pc.
Download and print pattern. Cut out the fabrics as per the pattern shown above.
Iron on the interfacing by sandwiching the poly-sponge in between for patterns A & B respectively. Sew on Chi-Chai Monchan felt onto the right side of exterior fabric A (click here for the tutorial of making the Chi-Chai Monchan Felting). Embroider “Chi-Chai Monchan ♥ Bananas” onto another piece of fabric A.Tack stitching pink color thread onto fabric B with about 2mm spacing for each stitch and 10mm width apart for each line.