In my previous post, I showed you how to make the monkey felt called Chi-Chai Monchan. This time, this tutorial is going to show you how to make the Monkey Coin Purse with a kisslock frame that I’ve made for my friend as a thank you gift.
You don’t need a sewing machine to do it, just your hand, a needle, and some threads!!!
- Exterior fabric for A pattern, 2 pcs
- Exterior fabric for B pattern, 2 pcs
- Inter-lining fabric for A & B pattern, 2 pcs each
- Poly-sponge for A & B pattern, 2 pcs each
- Iron-on interfacing for A & B pattern, 2 pcs each
- Kiss Lock, 8.5cm, Round Arch, 1 pc
MORE DETAILS ON HOW TO SEW MONKEY KISSLOCK COIN PURSE
- a. Download and print pattern.
b. Cut out the fabrics as per the pattern shown here.
- a. Iron on the interfacing by sandwiching the poly-sponge in between for patterns A & B, respectively.
b. Sew-on Chi-Chai Monchan felt onto the right side of exterior fabric A (click here for the tutorial of making the Chi-Chai Monchan Felting).
c. Embroider “Chi-Chai Monchan ♥ Bananas” onto another piece of fabric A.
d. Tack stitching pink color thread onto fabric B with about 2mm spacing for each stitch and 10mm width apart for each line.
- Prepare the slip pocket. I sew on my label onto it 🙂
- Sew the slip pocket onto the inter-lining as shown.
- Join fabric A & B by back-stitch A-B-A-B as shown, then complete it by stitching it to A again.
*Be careful on the bottom tip, just sew until the tip end, please don’t go beyond that point.
- This is the picture of how the bottom is supposed to look like before completing the joining.
- The wrong side should look like the picture shown below.
Clip seam allowance near the stitching line (please don’t cut the stitches) at the space of 1 cm as shown.
**This is necessary to have a nice curvature at the corner of the purse.
- Flip it over, and it should look like this.
- Repeat the above steps to the inter-lining.
- Iron the joint seams.
- Again, the bottom of the 4-piece-joint should look like this.
- Now, we have finished both interior and exterior pieces.
- Turn the inter-lining (2) to the wrong side.
Insert (1) into (2).
- Sew the upper portion by back-stitch.
- Reserve half of the border un-stitch. We are going to use this un-stitch portion to gain access to turn the purse inside-out.
- Pull out the exterior face from the un-stitch gap.
- Smooth out the inter-lining into the purse. Stitch up the un-stitch portion to close the gap.
- Tack-stitch the peripheral and get ready to sew the frame onto it.
- Mark the centerline by water-erasable pen.
- Stitch the kisslock frame with back-stitches, beginning from the centerline. I used 4 strands of nylon thread to reduce the chances of thread breakage.
Get the full articles at https://www.craftpassion.com/monkey-frame-clutch-purse-tutorial/
Purchase the exact same material and tool used in this pattern from Craft Passion Shop.