This is the last part of the “Secret Garden Quilt” patterns, the font applique before we get into the how-to-quilt section. If you have missed out on the previous patterns, here are the links:
- Flower Applique Patterns
- Ladybug, Butterfly & Snail Applique Patterns
- Songbird, Tree & Sun Applique Patterns
It has been months since I finished quilting this Secret Garden Quilt for my daughter’s bedroom in our new home. I didn’t mean to drag it this long and as anxiously as you are, I wanted to share it out as soon as I can. Time is running fast and 24 hours a day, 7 days a week seems a little hectic for my super long to-do list.
After showing all the 4 sets of applique patterns above, I am sure you already be able to guess how the quilt will look like. I hope that I can update the how-to-quilt tutorial by next week. Please stay tuned!
- Applique patterns (printed or traced on paper)
- Applique fusible web (I used Steam-A-Seam)
- Scrap fabrics
- Base fabric (to place your applique on)
- Printer and papers (letter size)
[Update] For Secret Garden Quilt: Download and print the complete ready-to-stick-on applique fusible web pattern in mirror image here:
Secret Garden Font Applique Template 1, print 1 copy
Secret Garden Font Applique Template 2, print 1 copy.
More Details On How To Sew Secret Garden Font Appliques
- I made this quilt to suit a Super Single bed size (42″ W x 72″ L), by adding a 10″ drop for each side, the full width of the quilt is 62″. If you noticed from the main photo below, I confined the word to the full width of the bed which is 42″ in this case, then I added a little butterfly at each side of the drop. You can get the butterflies here.
Refer to this method for a fast and easy way to make a huge amount of fabric applique.
Or, use your favorite method to cut out iron-on fusible applique pieces.
You may also use the above applique patterns with other applique methods, for example, needle turn applique.
a. Peel off the backing paper from the cut-out applique pieces, stick them on the base fabric following the pattern.
b. Permanently fuse the applique on the base fabric with a medium heat iron.
- The photos below show the appliques of the font after completed with the trapunto quilting method and loopy lines quilting on the base.
- The white polka dots with a pink base is the back of the Secret Garden Quilt.
Get the full article at https://www.craftpassion.com/secret-garden-font-applique-pattern/
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.